Dear Accelerator Managers,
FI Business is very proud to invite you to the 1st FIWARE Startup Investment Forum, which will take place in London on March 18th, 2015. This daylong event is organized in unique collaboration with AngelNews as part of the Great British Private Investor Summit 2015 and will grant access to the most excusive investment opportunity: pitching, networking and visibility for 10 of the most promising FIWARE companies in an otherwise investors-only function, where no companies fundraising are allowed.
Up to ten FIWARE startups will be selected to:09:00
– attend the 2015 Summit joined privately by over 300 investors and business professionals
– present their work and plans in front of relevant investors within a dedicated space, and
– network with the full audience of high-net-worth investors and business angels
These startups will have exclusivity, as no other entrepreneurs seeking investment will be within the event; hence they will be the focal point of any interested investors.
This event is appropriate for startups that already investment ready and looking for finance. Startups are required to register and complete an application to participate. Selection and results will be announced in the first week of March.
Please inscribe your startups until Thursday February 26, under the following link:
Please advertise this investment forum to your startups with the following document:
You may find more information about the investment forum at the end of this email. Please do not hesitate to contact Emilia Nathanail at emilia(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)metavallon.org for any questions and assistance with the process.
We are very much looking forward to working with your startups and to offer them some of the best fundraising and networking opportunities for growth.
1st FIWARE Startup Investment Forum | London | 18 March 2015
The 1st FIWARE Startup Investment Forum is a daylong event for investment-ready startups looking for finance. It is organized in collaboration with AngelNews as part of The Great British Private Investor Summit 2015, an investor-only event, and grants access to the most excusive investment and networking opportunity.
The Great British Private Investor Summit is one of the leading independent conferences run for private investors and HNWIs to come and learn about the latest in alternative investing opportunities. These delegates are either actively investing or looking to invest in the future, therefore they are a very targeted audience for any companies looking for funding. Traditionally this investor conference is exclusive to investors and relevant business professionals and strictly no entrepreneurs are allowed, unless with special permission.
This 1st Startup Investment Forum is open for up to 10 FIWARE startups from the 16 European accelerators. These startups will have exclusivity, as no other entrepreneurs seeking investment will be within the event; hence they will be the focal point of any interested investors.
The Where – The 2015 Summit venue
The Summit will be held at 200 Aldersgate, London on 18th March 9am-5.30pm. The venue is an easily accessible exclusive space situated near the Museum of London.
The Who – Delegate profile
– 200+ Private Investors/HNWIs and other relevant business professionals
– 1 Headline sponsor who will send 5 delegates & 3 Lead sponsors, each sending 3-4 delegates
– 20-25 Alternative Investment Platforms who will each bring 2-3 delegates
– A number of press passes are also issued to interested journalists
Total number of delegates: c.300
Please note that electronic tapping delegate badges will be used, which enhance the opportunity to connect with investors and exchange contact details.
The What – Program
Please follow the link to the Summit’s tentative agenda.
Note that this is subject to minor extension such as adding additional speaking slots, pitching slots and another panel.
The Why – Exclusive benefits
- Engage – all startups receive a complimentary badge that will give them unlimited access to The Great British Private Investor Summit
- Showcase – all startups will be based in a dedicated room within the main conference suite, along with their banners and any promotional material; this will be announced to the full delegate attendance and will be open for all delegates to enter during the ample networking time across the day.
- Present – all startups will have the opportunity to present their elevator pitches and receive feedback from a panel of relevant private investors (a parallel session included in print within the Agenda).
- Network – all startups will be able to connect with the full audience during the ample networking sessions and take advantage of this high concentration of angels and professionals.
- Promote – all startups will receive maximum exposure and extend their reach to a much wider audience of over 10,000 readers, through a dedicated section within the conference brochure (with short bio’s of the companies, investment requirements, and contact details.), a section on the Summit website (with bio’s on each of the exhibiting companies), and the conference brochure Company Directory (logo and contact details).
The How – Program
Please register your startup to apply for the 1st FIWARE Startup Investment Forum by Thursday February 26, 2015.
We shall contact you with further information once your startup is selected, to ensure an exceptional participation and experience.
Dear Accelerator Managers,
FI Business is very proud to present you the 1st FIWARE Startup Boot Camp in Berlin. The 3-day event offers a broad range of seminars, workshops, networking opportunities with startups, investors, SMEs and scientist and an investment forum.
You have the opportunity to send 4 of your startups to this Boot Camp and to put two more startups on a waiting list. In case another accelerator will not use its 4 places, the startups on the waiting list will be invited to fill up the 64 places.
Every startup that is joining the boot camp has the chance to apply for one of the 20 spots in the investment forum on Sunday, 3 May 2015. All information about the application will be published soon.
Please inscribe your startups until 9th March 2015 under the following link:
Register your startups
Please advertise this boot camp to your startups with the following document:
FIWARE Boot Camp Berlin | Information Pack
The Berlin Boot Camp will take 3 days and consist of a parallel program for early and later stage startups. The aim for early stage startups is to intensively work on their business model, exchange with other European startups, develop a financing strategy and learn about team management.
The Boot Camp is open for 60 FIWARE startups from the 16 European accelerators. Additional the event will be open for another 20 interested startups and research projects.
Day 1 – Connect & Play
• Pitch Battles – two entrepreneurs at a time will pitch each other’s startup idea on stage. The audience determines who moves to the next round and who wins the price
• Team Challenge – predefined teams with potential synergies will go on a scavenger hunt that requires abilities reaching from logical thinking to social intelligence to win
Day 2 – Learn & Develop
• Seminars & Workshops – early stage workshops and seminars on specific topics like IPR, CRM, Social Media Marketing, Patents, License Management, and Team Development etc.
• One-on-one sessions – meet consultants, other startups, investors and SMEs to work on your business model, develop synergies, pitch for finance and build partnerships
Day 3 – Pitch & Sell
• Demo Investment Negotiation – experience a live investment negotiation between a startup that already received Series A funding and a superangel together with a VC investor
• Pitching Session – 20 FIWARE startups give a 5-min pitch in front of international investors for funding, feedback and fertilisation while the other startups watch and learn
All Days – Work & Pray
• Networking – all startups have the opportunity to arrange meetings at all time in a prepared networking area or to simply work on their idea
• Overnight Challenges – each night there will be a challenge that teams can apply for and work on it for 24h hours over night. The most successful startup will win a price.
We are very much looking forward to work with your startups and to offer them a great boost of their potentials.
Your FI Business team
Future Internet Pitch@HDI
PLEASE NOTE: Only founders, researchers and start-ups participating in one of the 16 FIWARE accelerators can submit a proposal for the Future Internet Pitch. The Future Internet Pitch will take place on 20th May in the morning.
You don’t know FIWARE and need more information on the accelerator projects? Go to www.fiware.org.
FIWARE entrepreneurs: Apply now!
You are a start-up, founder or entrepreneur and have been selected by one of the 16 FIWARE accelerators? You are looking for equity capital to match your FIWARE funding or you need strategic partners? You are interested in training opportunities in fields such as business modelling, financing or IPR? Then show us that your FIWARE project has what it takes to convince investors and clients!
Apply now for the FUTURE INTERNET PITCH of the Heidelberg Innovation Forum 2015 until 13th March 2015!
Please fill in the application form which can be downloaded here.
Date and Venue
The Heidelberg Innovation Forum will take place on 20th May 2015, the FUTURE INTERNET PITCH is scheduled for the morning. Please note that the coaching day on May 19th is obligatory for the selected entrepreneurs. There is not particular sector focus in the morning session, applications from all FIWARE sectors are welcome.
10 FIWARE start-ups and founders from across Europe will be selected by a neutral jury for the pitching session, projects will be notified before 1st of April.
IMPORTANT: It is not possible to pitch both at the Heidelberg Innovation Forum and the afternoon and at the Future Internet Pitch in the morning. Should you submit two proposals bwcon reserves the right to reject one of your proposals as appropriate. Please note that the afternoon pitches are exclusively reserved for Smart Data applicants.
For any questions concerning the application process please contact Corinna Voss, voss(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)bwcon.de.